Standard Car Service, What to Know & How Often to Do
Every car owner knows that taking good care of their big toys is a must, and cars need to be serviced every now and then. Cars are regularly used, and even the ones often left in the garage are subject to wear and tear over time.
By getting your car serviced regularly, you can ensure that any issues are promptly addressed. Also, you can make sure that your vehicle is in top shape and working condition. Finally, you can avoid any potential accidents on the road and ensure your car will last for as long as possible.
The biggest questions are: What does a standard car service entail? And how often should you get your car serviced? We’ll answer these questions in the following section.
What standard car service entails
A standard car service entails basic examination, cleaning, repair, and maintenance of your car. On a more specific note, the service includes the following:
- Checking your engine oil and filters
- Repairing and replacing your spark plugs
- Flushing and changing the fluids in your car
- Checking your brakes
How often should you get your car serviced?
When it comes to the frequency of getting a standard car service, it really depends on your car, its age, and condition. It is logical to immediately get your car serviced if you feel it’s no longer in top condition and optimal performance. The same is true if you see any potential issues arising, or worse, damages on its parts and components.
But even if your car is in good condition and working, experts suggest getting it serviced frequently. Most car manufacturers will give you specific time-frames and maximum distance intervals before your next service is due. Your local mechanic or dealership will do the same thing as well. But to answer the main question, most recommend that cars be serviced every six months or 12,500 km.
Practical tips when servicing your car
Now, before getting your car serviced, there are 2 steps to take. Here are some practical tips when getting a standard car service:
- Examine your car first: Assess the condition and performance of your vehicle. By doing so, you’ll be able to relay any issues observed to the mechanic, so the professional will pay extra attention to them while checking the rest.
- Schedule an appointment: Getting your car serviced is like scheduling a dental appointment with your dentist. Doing so will not only get you organized, but you will actually get your vehicle serviced. You won’t have to wait in line for hours, only to find out that they can no longer accommodate you.
Your car is a beloved possession, and as such, it is your responsibility to take good care of it. That said, consider all the valuable information discussed above and some practical tips for servicing your car. Getting a standard car service every six months or when needed can make a difference in your car’s condition and longevity, as well as foster the utmost safety on the road.
If you want to service your car in Richmond Hill, get in touch with us today! We’re happy to help.